NY Skim-Coating & Plaster
Plaster repair | wall repair
- Fully protect an area or apartment.
- ‘Demo’ or remove / scrape all damaged areas, loose wall, open all cracks.
- Seal up the openings with Plaster Weld or other waterproof filler/foam.
- Apply one or two ‘rough’ coats of plaster (sometimes fix-all or structolyte).
- Apply 1-3 coats of compound, with the last being the ‘polish’ coat. Light sanding in between.
- Final sanding, cleaning area and applying a smooth coat of primer.
You can Do-it-yourself, but dont hestitate to call for Help! see this article on Brick Underground: